Re: st: ETA Stata 12.0

From   Charles Koss <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ETA Stata 12.0
Date   Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:17:16 -0500

Well well! Since starting to use Stata, I am very impressed how much
have learnt. Since we always want to purchase better products, I hope
Stata 12 can produce complete inference for Vector Error Correction
Models (vec command).

Currently, Stata 10 and 11 can produce the estimates for the impulse
response functions but it CAN NOT estimate the corresponding standard
errors. So, those estimates are useless since WE DO NEED the standard
errors for interpreting the results STATISTICALLY. I was amazed to
learn that OPEN SOURCE software can do that job very efficiently. I
would like to see this feature in STATA 12.

With this feature, I can convince myself and the administrators that
the purchase of Stata 12 is worthy, although version 11 is much better
than 10. If someone has information that contradicts my opinion,
please do share it.  See:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-03/msg01435.html

Sincerely,

Charles