Re: st: ETA Stata 12.0

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: ETA Stata 12.0
Date   Wed, 6 Apr 2011 18:14:20 +0100

This was asked also on 17 March. See

<http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-03/msg01113.html>

The history of release dates is covered in

<http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/history.html>

You might like to build your model from the data....

Here are two precedents from history:

1. Precisely when a release will be issued will be announced on this
list (and also now on Facebook, Twitter, the Stata blog, etc.) perhaps
a week before the actual date.

2. Precisely what will be included will also be announced then, and not before.

These of course are just my personal generalisations, and StataCorp
might do things differently for the next release.

Otherwise speculation might be fun, but it is also likely to be
completely futile! As the Tao Te Ching says, more or less, those who
know do not say; those who say do not know.

(I don't know either, so any and all requests for private information
will also be futile.)

Nick