Re: st: Re: Test for statistically significant difference in Poisson coefficients or predicted number of events

Subject   Re: st: Re: Test for statistically significant difference in Poisson coefficients or predicted number of events
Date   Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:11:17 -0400

Tony Love <[email protected]>:
The tests you want are in the regression output--a test that the
cond==2 group differs from cond==1 group is the test that the coef on
cond==2 is zero, which has a Z of 3.37and a p-value of 0.001, so those
groups differ significantly, and the cond==3 group does not differ
significantly from the cond==1 group (p-value of .357).

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Tony Love <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi, I am working on a project for my advisor, so please don't crucify me for missing some elementary concept.   I understand most of the elementary concepts regarding Poisson in Stata, but I have what I think is a question of higher difficulty.
>>
>> I have been working with the use of factor variables, for example, estimating a Poisson model using a Stata command like 'poisson num_awards i.cond math'.  This would return the expected difference in log count between each condition and the reference group (cond=1).
>> The output might look something like this if there were 3 conditions:
>>
>> poisson num_awards i.cond math, vce(robust)
<snip>