re:Re: st: RE: rolling regression and hypothesis testing

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   re:Re: st: RE: rolling regression and hypothesis testing
Date   Mon, 4 Apr 2011 22:32:42 -0400

Nat said:

That is brilliant. Thank you Nick. You have opened the world of Stata
programming to me! Nat On Apr 4 2011, Nick Cox wrote:

> There is no contradiction here, as you can write a program that does your
> regression and testing and then that can be the single command that
> -rolling- calls.

Such a 'wrapper' program that does estimation and testing, to be called by -rolling-, is available as part of the itsp_ado package as

ssc type myregress.ado

Using the wpi1.dta dataset, try

myregress wpi L(1/4).wpi t, lagvar(wpi) nlags(4)

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |