Re: st: question on graphing

From   Duha Altindag <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: question on graphing
Date   Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:09:06 -0500

You need the coefficient of age.

**begin
regress lahe age female bachelor
preserve
g y=_b[age]*age
duplicates drop age,force
sort age
line y age
restore
*for men & women separately:

preserve
g y_men=_b[age]*age
g y_women=_b[age]*age+female
duplicates drop age female,force
sort age
twoway (line y_men age) (line y_women age)
restore
**end

If you want different slopes for men and women, you should regress
wage on age, female and the interaction of age and female though.