Re: st: pseudo R-squared

To   Gao Liu <gao.liu@gmail.com>, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: pseudo R-squared
Date   Mon, 04 Apr 2011 00:59:15 -0500

At 10:46 PM 4/3/2011, Gao Liu wrote:
Thanks, Richard, for your detail explanation. That's very helpful. One
more question: how to calculate the count R-squared (#correct/total
obs.) of partial proportional ordered logistic regression. I know how
to calculate the count R-squared of logistic or ordered logistic
regressions, but the calculation does not seem to work for partial
proportional ordered logistic regression.

Thank you very much.

I am not sure how to do it for an ordered logit, so if you know how then you are one step ahead of me. I would think the gologit2 procedure would be the same though. With gologit2, you can compute the predicted probabilities of each outcome for each case. I suppose you would then have some criteria for saying the prediction was "correct", e.g. if outcome 3 had a predicted probability of .38 and that was the highest predicted probability and the observed value actually was 3, then you would say it was classified correctly. So in short, my guess is that you compute the probabilities for each case, then generate another var indicating the prediction was correct or incorrect for that case, and then compute your stat. But again, that is just speculation on my part since I don't know the actual formula/procedure you are talking about.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam