Re: st: smoothing quantiles

From   Nick cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: smoothing quantiles
Date   Fri, 1 Apr 2011 17:50:08 +0100

I implemented one method in -hdquantile- from SSC.

Nick

On 1 Apr 2011, at 17:43, László Sándor <sandorl@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to plot smooth predicted quantiles with Stata 11.2 on
Unix (console).

My goal is to have something like what lowess is for the mean for the
yvar. Preferably, it would be nice to be able to plot multiple
quantiles in the same plot (e.g., all 3 quartiles). This would be a
useful way to summarize the distribution of a yvar across the values
of an xvar.

I'd rather not reinvent the wheel on this one --- I hope there is
something like this already out there (or built in), only I could not
find it.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Laszlo

László Sándor