Re: st: Creating a matrix from an excel table

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   Re: st: Creating a matrix from an excel table
Date   Fri, 01 Apr 2011 09:41:27 -0400

> Does anyone know how could I import my data as a matrix into Stata, or
> Mata I guess? I'm aware that I am constrained with the matrix size (I
> have Stata SE, so 11,000 matrix maximum), so I'm planning on deleting
> observations that are above a certain threshold and come up with a
> smaller matrix.

There are no matrix size limits in Mata except those imposed by available RAM (memory), and Mata
can read the data from an external file.

Kit Baum