st: updates on SSC: -njc_stuff-, -stripplot-

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: updates on SSC: -njc_stuff-, -stripplot-
Date   Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:00:38 +0100

Thanks to Kit Baum as usual, I have made updates to two packages on
SSC. In both cases, use -ssc- to install or update if you are
interested.

-njc_stuff- is a package consisting only of two help files.
-njc_stuff.hlp- and -njc_best_stuff.hlp-. (NJC are my initials.) As
many readers will know, in recent Statas you don't need to type any
underscores in help file names so that -- once this package is
installed --

. h njc stuff

. h njc best stuff

will work. I originally wrote these help files only for myself to keep
track of bits and pieces put into the public domain; then sent them to
some people privately; and then latterly went all the way. The main
point is that SSC and SJ, and also other places on the internet where
my Stata programs can be accessed, are _archives_ and so include much
stuff that is outdated or irrelevant to users of the most up-to-date
Stata. So I wanted to document what I regard as current and what I
don't.  At the same time, many users, or their institutions, cannot
afford to keep upgrading, so that it seems better to leave old stuff,
where it is as it may still be of use or interest to someone. More
positively, if anybody liked something I did and wanted to know if
there is something similar nearby, may find hints here.

-stripplot- has been updated, as promised, so that the help file
documents use -twoway rbar- mentioned in a recent thread started by
Oliver Jones.