st: how to best plot varying income gradients

From   D-Ta <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to best plot varying income gradients
Date   Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:54:17 +0200

Dear Stata-Experts,

I am estimating the following model on panel data:

BMI_growth_future=b0+b1*BMI_present+b2*logIncome+b3*Age

...where

BMI_growth is a percentage growth rate (in percent, i.e. *100) of BMI between the present period (t) and some future period (t+1).

BMI_present is the level of BMI in period (this coefficient is included to control for convergence effects)

LogIncome is the income level in period t

Age is also measured in period t.

I estimate this model on 6 different subsamples in the data and my main coefficient of interest is b1 which is different across the subsamples.

How do I best plot E(BMI_growth_future|LogIncome) for the 6 different subsamples to visualize the differing effects of Income on BMI growth?
It would be great to have all in one single graph.

Many thanks in advance

Darjusch (PhD candidate)