Re: st: DiD

From   inggrid <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: DiD
Date   Tue, 29 Mar 2011 19:59:22 +0800 (SGT)

Hi Federico,

Thank you for your response.

You are right, I have a panel data set between 2000 and 2007. I would like to assess the impact of a program introduced in 2005. I have information on treated households. It is a dummy variable (variable name: program), taking a value of 1 if a household covered by the program and zero otherwise (from data in 2007). Hence, I use a difference-in-differences estimator.
My commands to run the DiD as follows:

gen treat=(program!=0)
label variable  treat "hh covered by the program"
gen post05 = year>2000
gen treat_post05 = treat*post05
regress  y treat post05  treat_post05 [aweight=hhweight],r cluster(ea)
Subsequently, my STATA told that:
(sum of wgt is   5.5336e+03)
note: post05 omitted because of collinearity
note: treat_post05 omitted because of collinearity

Any idea what is wrong?

Best regards,
Inggrid