st: -statplot- update available from SSC

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
Subject   st: -statplot- update available from SSC
Date   Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:24:09 +0000

<>

Thanks to Kit Baum, an update of the -statplot- package (co-authored with Nick
Cox ) is now available from SSC.  This update fixes a bug that caused an
error when suboptions (such as title() ) of options like over() contained double quotes.
This update can be installed by typing in Stata:

ssc install statplot, replace

or, if you already have the old version installed, you can type:

adoupdate, update

-statplot- plots summary statistics. It is a wrapper for graph hbar, or bar, or dot.
 It is offered as an alternative command that may on occasion produce graphs
 that are more congenial or more convenient than those yielded by the equivalent
Stata commands. The graphs produced are typically based more on axis labeling
than on the use of legends, and typically are shown in one color rather than several.

Also, I've got some postings on my Research_Notes website that show some advanced
examples using -statplot- :
http://researchnotes.eric-a-booth.com

- Eric
__