Re: st: Asymetrical dimensions in the RHS and in the LHS

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Asymetrical dimensions in the RHS and in the LHS
Date   Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:58:57 +0100

I think your problem is like many others. You can

regress LHS RHS

or whatever else you want

and Stata will be indifferent to whether some of your variables
include blocks of constants except insofar as some variables are
entirely constant. The bigger problem is quite what error structure
would be better than that crude pooled estimation, as clustering by
origin, by destination, by origin-destination pair, by product would
all a priori (your words) seem to be plausible.

But isn't there literature that discusses how to model such data?

Nick