st: Matching with continuous treatment

From   "Lukas Boeckelmann" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Matching with continuous treatment
Date   Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:20:22 +0100

Hello everybody,

I am currently facing the following problem with stata:

I intend to match my observations in stata by their propensity score. Psmatch2 seems a valuable devise to do so with dichotomous variables. However, in my research design my treatment is a count variable.

There is is little literature to find on generalized propensity scores. Therefore I am not sure how to proceed. When using my count variable as treatment in psmatch2 stata gives me an output. Can it be, that psmatch2 is able to deal with continuous treatments? If yes, which approach does it take?
If not, is someone aware of a manual for propensity score matching with continuous variables? So far I could not get hold of any.

Thank you very much!
Lukas