RE: st: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, Statistica, S-PLUS updated

From   "Muenchen, Robert A (Bob)" <[email protected]>
To   Nick Cox <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, Statistica, S-PLUS updated
Date   Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:44:11 +0000

I get a deluge of email on http://r4stats.com/popularity and I didn't realize I had not addressed your points, with which I quite agree. You can see how I addressed them in the first two short sections (Sales & Downloads is now under its own heading). Then after discussing the growth of R packages, instead of mentioning SSC specifically, I say, "If this type of data becomes as easily available for the other software, I will include it in a future edition." The SAS and SPSS folks made similar comments.

Thanks for taking the time to make those points again!

Bob