st: RE: RE: RE: Multiple histograms in one panel with pweights.

From   "David Radwin" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: Multiple histograms in one panel with pweights.
Date   Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:18:56 -0700 (PDT)

It is not clear to me exactly what your data are and how you want to plot
them, but it seems to me that you want to plot the distribution of one
categorical variable by another categorical variable. If that is correct,
I would look at Nick Cox's -catplot- (available from SSC), which creates
bar graphs and dot plots for such data, and also his 2004 article
"Speaking Stata: Graphing categorical and compositional data,"
http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=gr0004.

-catplot- will accept aweights but not pweights, but aweights are
perfectly adequate in this case and in the context of most graphs because
most graphs only show point estimates. (For a recent example,
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-02/msg01383.html .)

David
--
David Radwin