Re: st: Pseudo R2 after "mi estimate:logit"

Subject   Re: st: Pseudo R2 after "mi estimate:logit"
Date   Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:38:15 -0500

At 03:12 PM 3/14/2011, Aggie Chidlow wrote:
Hi (again) Rich,

My do-file is:

mi set mlong
mi query
mi describe
mi misstable sum
generate lnx = cond(x==0, mindouble(), log(x3))
mi register imputed lnx
set seed 29390
mi describe
mi impute mvn lnx = x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7,add(30)
mi estimate: logit x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 lnx
mi xeq 0 1 30: logit x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 lnx

For example from "mi xeq 30:logit x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 lnx" I can see
Wald test.However, from "mi estimate: logit x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 lnx"
I can only see F test. So, how can I get Wald test from "mi estimate:
logit"?

I can't see your output, but I am guessing that you are referring to the fact that -mi ex 30- gives you a line that looks like

LR chi2(8)

whereas -mi estimate- gives you something like

F(   8,1000)

If so, then F is the appropriate statistic for the MI model rather than a Likelihood Ratio Chi Square.

Or, maybe you are referring to the fact that -mi estimate- gives you T values for each coefficient whereas -mi xeq- gives you Z values. Again, T values are correct.

I don't claim to be able to explain why but I suggest you read the Manual entries for -mi-. Among other things, its says

"With a small number of imputations, the reference distribution for the MI inference is Student's t (or F in multiple-hypothesis testing). The residual degrees of freedom depend on M and the rates of missing information and thus are different for each parameter of interest."

Further, how do I know that 30 imputations (M=30) is the adequate
number? I am asking because according to Rubin (1987) only 3-10
imputations may be needed?

The Stata Manual says "A small number of imputations (5 to 20) may be sufficient when fractions of missing data are low. High fractions of missing data as well as particular data structures may require up to 100 (or more) imputations. Whenever feasible to do so, we recommend that you vary the number of imputations to see if this affects your results."

For more, I suggest you type

help mi_intro_substantive

and then read the manual entry.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463