st: calculating class 3 ICC in Stata.

From   Stephen Henry <[email protected]>
Subject   st: calculating class 3 ICC in Stata.
Date   Wed, 9 Mar 2011 17:15:24 -0500

Hello,

I have a question about calculating an ICC for raters in Stata.
Specifically a "class 3" ICC as described by Shrout and Fleiss, 1979 in which raters
are treated as fixed effects.

In my data, the same 3 raters have each rated trust on different video clips.
The data are in long form and each clip has 3 ratings by the same 3 raters.

Most ICC formulas are calculated from mean-squares; I  can get these
using -anova trust clip rater- but Stata manual does not discuss how
to specify fixed effects or crossed designs.

Other ICC formulas are based on variance estimates, but I'm not sure
how to get the appropriate variance components from -xtreg- or -xtmixed-

Thanks
Stephen Henry