Re: st: RE: Cointegration analysis including exogenous variables

From   Syed Basher <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Cointegration analysis including exogenous variables
Date   Wed, 9 Mar 2011 01:24:49 -0800 (PST)

Dear Beat,

I still didn't find a convincing answer to Eric's question. I recently estimated
a VECM model in Eviews where I used a binary dummy variable as an exogenous
regressor, without really knowing how that affect the rank statistics.

Syed

----- Original Message ----
From: Beat Hintermann <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 12:00:26 PM
Subject: Re: st: RE: Cointegration analysis including exogenous variables

Dear Syed

thank you very much for your offer to estimate it in Eviews. I might
take you up on it, but only if I don't manage to estimate it myself. I
have access to Eviews in our finance lab, I've just never used it. But
now that I know that Eviews allows for exogenous variables, I might give
it a shot. If I can't get it done I might give you another shout.

Thanks again,

Beat

--
Beat Hintermann