Re: st: Stata code: block versus line

Subject   Re: st: Stata code: block versus line
Date   Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:36:05 -0500

At 11:06 AM 3/4/2011, Maarten buis wrote:
--- On Fri, 4/3/11, Charles Koss wrote:
> I am coding with Stata 11, and want to know how to
> break the lines so that in the future will not need
> to move through the horizontal bar.

You have a couple of options:

o You can type /// when you want to break the line
  (this is currently my favourite):

  reg foo bar      ///
  blup , options

My favorite too. One thing I would really love would be an editor that would insert the continuation characters at appropriate points (e.g. column 70) and then adjust them as you added or deleted characters to lines. In other words, the programming equivalent of what word processors do with paragraphs. Does such an editor exist?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam