st: RE: Factor analysis with binary data

From   "David Radwin" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Factor analysis with binary data
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:08:02 -0800 (PST)

The usual advice on this list is to not dichotomize or categorize
continuous variables at all, much less do so based on an "arbitrary

See, for example:

Is there some way to use the variables as continuous?

David Radwin
Research Associate
MPR Associates, Inc.
2150 Shattuck Ave., Suite 800