Re: st: Comparing two data set

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Comparing two data set
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:52:43 +0000

This won't work as you intend.

1. The -foreach- loop is intended to be a loop over variables, but the
syntax is wrong. That is fixable.

2. More importantly, you want to compare pairs of observations, but
your code just looks at differences between variables within the same
observation.

The underlying idea is good, but is already implemented, for example
in -duplicates-. No loops are needed.

Nick