Re: st: ICD9 to ICD10 converter utility?

From   Kaleb Michaud <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ICD9 to ICD10 converter utility?
Date   Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:24:09 -0600

Since I originally posted on the Statalist back in 2003, I have had
20-30 individual requests for my simple icd1029.ado program which
converts codes one direction (ICD10 to ICD9). Most of these requests
came in the past 3 years (and most of those in the past few months -
so the demand is increasing).  From what I've seen from Rebecca Pope &
others, there are better and more official conversion tables out there
than what I found 8 years ago.

We use Stata's built-in icd9 programs daily, and I would strongly
support not only a similar program for icd10 but maybe something added
on so that there would be conversion allowed back and forth with the
caveat of the limitations with such a conversion.

I invite you to read Ken Higbee & Bill Gould's response to this back
in 2003:  http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-12/msg00016.html

Is there any way to address their concerns so that this could become
an official addition?

Kaleb...
Kaleb Michaud, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Nebraska Medical Center
P: 402.559.7239  F: 402.559.2466
[email protected]

Co-Director, National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
[email protected]