Re: st: RE: Critique on comment syntax and suggestions

From   "Mason, Bryce" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Critique on comment syntax and suggestions
Date   Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:43:10 -0800

I disagree that this falls under a syntax error. Stata now has color coding and when a comment is initiated it turns the comment green. That is the intent. Until the comment is ended, it should remain green, regardless of the delimiter expected (EOL, semicolon, */, or otherwise).

The do-file editor already scans the text continuously as evidenced by colors changing and code folding, so I do not think it would be much trouble for it to "know" the defined delimiter and act appropriately. Room for improvement.

Bryce