Re: st: class member function not found - error occurs without obvious pattern

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: class member function not found - error occurs without obvious pattern
Date   Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:05:27 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Fri, 28/1/11, [email protected] wrote:
> I use a do-file to determine a smoothing parameter by cross
> validation. The trouble is that at some point during the validation
> process the error: _optlist.new: class member function not found.
> r(4023) occurs. There is no obvious pattern when it occurs but at some
> point it will occur. I have no idea why and how to avoid it. In
> particular, I do not understand why the file works well for the first
> hours but suddenly breaks.
> Some further characteristics:
> It has nothing to do with graphics.
> I do no use class-programming.
> I have a line stating  version 11.1 at the beginning of my file.

This depends on the exact commands that are being used in your .do file,
so it is hard for us to say what this might be without seeing that .do
file.

You could try to precede your .do file with:
set traced 2
set trace on

This will give you lots and lots of output, but you only care about
the lines immediately preceding the error message. That gives you
the command that returned that error, which sometimes helps in pinning
down what the problem is. (The -set traced 2- reduces the amount of
output, if you need more output you can increase the number of leave
it out.)

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis