Re: st: Bootstrapped Paired-Samples (Dependent) T-Test

From   "Airey, David C" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Bootstrapped Paired-Samples (Dependent) T-Test
Date   Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:36:12 -0600

.

It is worth noting a couple different ways to doing the paired t-test then.

clear
set more off
webuse fuel
// note p = 0.046 in all tests below, and near this in bootstrap versions
ttest mpg1==mpg2 // paired t-test
gen diff = mpg2-mpg1
ttest diff == 0 // one sample t-test on differences
bootstrap, reps(1000): regress diff // bootstrap of regression equivalent of one sample t-test
gen pair = _n // needed for reshaping to long
reshape long mpg, i(pair) j(time) // reshape to long
anova mpg time pair // anova equivalent of paired t-test
regress // show regression equivalent
regress mpg i.time i.pair // do regression equivalent
bootstrap, reps(1000): regress mpg time, vce(cluster pair) // bootstrap using cluster variable