st: s: ICD9 to ICD10 converter utility?

From   "Harry Comber" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: s: ICD9 to ICD10 converter utility?
Date   Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:03:48 -0000

There are a number of mapping tables available from ICD9 to ICD10 (see,
for instance
http://nccc.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/@web/@chsd/documents/doc/uo
w081818.zip), but no Stata dataset of which I am aware. The zip file
contains an Excel file which can be imported into Stata. However, as
ICD10 is more extensive than ICD9, a simple one-to-one mapping is not
possible. Some of the mapping tables of these are designed to be used
with the full ICD9CM and ICD10AM (or ACHI) diagnosis and procedure
codes, but contain the diagnosis codes within this.
Harry Comber

Dr. Harry Comber, Director
National Cancer Registry (www.ncri.ie)
Building 6800
Cork Airport Business Park
Kinsale Road
Cork.
Tel  +353 21 4318014
Fax +353 21 4318016
Email: [email protected]
-------
The contents of this email are intended for the named addressee only. It
addressee or an authorised designee, you may not copy or use it, or
disclose it to anyone else. If you have received it in error please
notify us immediately and then destroy it. The NCRI does not guarantee
the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not
liable if the information contained in this communication is not a
proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender
or for any delay in its receipt.