Re: st: ci's while adjusting for response rate

Subject   Re: st: ci's while adjusting for response rate
Date   Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:03:10 -0500

Rich <[email protected]>:
I think you are referring to pp.361-363 in Sampling Techniques which
address no responses within a stratum.  If it is really a simple
random sample, no adjustments are needed when one is (perhaps
foolishly) using a normal approx CI and assuming responders and
nonresponders are essentially identical.  A slightly more conservative
approach in the spirit of Cochran's discussion (or Manski's work)
would be to compute upper and lower bounds assuming the true
proportion among nonresponders is 1 and 0, respectively.