Re: st: How to cluster in 2 x 2 tabulation

From   Bo MacInnis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to cluster in 2 x 2 tabulation
Date   Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:58:15 -0800

Steve, Thank you much for your insightful comments. You are right that clustering by interviewers does not change the point (frequency) estimates, but it does change (very slightly) the second-order Rao-Scott adjusted F-statistic and p-value, which is of the greatest interest to the project.

Interviewer effects? Oh yeah, a common suspect in survey research. It would involve some regression, and random effects model sounds good, but testing for interviewer effects is not of interest to the particular hypothesis in my current paper. Thank you for your helpful suggestions!! Bo