RE: st: Fwd: exponential regression in stata

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Fwd: exponential regression in stata
Date   Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:59:29 +0000

By the way, I naturally agree with Al Feiveson's point that these methods carry different assumptions about error structure. They are not identical alternatives. I take it as read that choosing any technique implies a commitment to consider its assumptions.

Nick Cox

"ln y vs x" and "ln on both sides" are exactly the same proposal as ln(exp(x)) is nothing but x.

I meant most assumptions about functional form.

Bastian Steingros (a.k.a. Markus)

Dear Nick,
thanks for the comment.
what kind of details would be helpful in your eyes? About the var's? Their distribution?
to the classical method: you recommend ln(y) on x. Justina recommend ln on both sides. To obtain the e function, I should use your approach right?