Re: st: RE: Comparing fixed effect regression coefficients between two groups

From   "Dominik Hennen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Comparing fixed effect regression coefficients between two groups
Date   Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:24:03 +0100

Dear Mark,
thanks very much for the fast reply and the detailed instructions. I followed your idea, and the approach works perfectly for the coefficient part (w and c_w) of the fixed effect model in my data set. I derive the same coefficient results using xtreg and your approach. However, I am primarily interested in the constant ( _cons ) of the equation. In your example this would be 3.16 for the xtreg command. When I leave out the "nocons" command in your "reg c_n c_w, dof(890) nocons" regression, the resulting value for "_cons" is not equal to the one derived from the xtreg regression. Same situation occurs in my data set(or am I missing something?) I guess in this case a comparison via suest doesnt make sense any more. Do you have an idea or a workaround how I can also compare the _cons values of to fixed effect models as well?
Thanks again for your help Mark
With best regards
Dominik

-------- Original-Nachricht --------