st: RE: RE: xtivreg2 -- Instruments dropped

Subject   st: RE: RE: xtivreg2 -- Instruments dropped
Date   Sat, 15 Jan 2011 14:29:48 -0000

Ivan,

I had the same problem as Eric.  And there must be something else wrong, since there's only one instrument listed (L.govr_r) and you refer to "instruments".

Did xtivreg2 report collinearities among your instruments as a reason for dropping some?  Did xtivreg?  If so, were the dropped variables the same?

You might also want to compare the first-stage regressions of xtivreg2 and xtivreg.

Oh, and tell us which versions of xtivreg2, xtivreg and Stata you are using.

--Mark

registered under charity number SC000278.