Re: st: reshape value label bug?

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: reshape value label bug?
Date   Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:28:09 -0500

I get the same problem if I -reshape clear- and if I first to remove
ALL value labels:

. u temp

. label drop _all

. reshape clear

. reshape long payor_ , i(pat_id)
(note: j = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9)

Data                               wide   ->   long
Number of obs.                     1653   ->   14877
Number of variables                  12   ->       5
j variable (9 values)                     ->   _j
xij variables:
            payor_1 payor_2 ... payor_9   ->   payor_

. label list
class2:
           1 ACE-inhibitor or ARB
           2 Aldosterone Receptor Antagonist
           3 Beta Blocker
           4 Digoxin
           5 Loop Diuretics

And look, _j also gets a variable name:

. d _j

              storage  display     value
variable name   type   format      label      variable label
_j              byte   %31.0g      class2     Corresponds to med group

?

Jeph