st: Exploring the cloud of individuals in two dimensions after MCA in Stata 11

From   Tomasz Drabowicz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Exploring the cloud of individuals in two dimensions after MCA in Stata 11
Date   Tue, 11 Jan 2011 01:16:11 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I have a question related to the mca command for multiple correspondence
analysis (MCA) in Stata 11 for Windows. I know it is possible to explore the
cloud of categories using a postetimation command mcaplot. Is it, however,
possible to explore in the first two dimensions the cloud of individuals on
which MCA was carried out? If so, how can one plot such a cloud of
individuals? Or, is it impossible and I should try another software?

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Best regards,

tomasz

Tomasz Drabowicz
Research Student
Department of Political and Social Sciences
European University Institute
Via dei Roccettini 9
50014 San Domenico di Fiesole
Italy