Antwort: RE: st: Marginal Effect

From   Justina Fischer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Antwort: RE: st: Marginal Effect
Date   Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:36:46 +0100

.. I guess he wants the formula for converting estimated coefficients into marginal effects.

Justina
[email protected] schrieb: -----

An: [email protected]
Von: Maarten buis <[email protected]>
Gesendet von: [email protected]
Datum: 10.01.2011 04:02PM
Thema: RE: st: Marginal Effect

--- On Thu, 6/1/11, [email protected] wrote:
> > I estimated a random effect probit model using xtprobit
> > in  stata 11.
<snip>

--- On Mon, 10/1/11,<[email protected]> wrote:
> How can l adjust my estimated coefficients by
> sqrt(1-e(rho)) so that the adjusted coefficients can be used
> in my marginal effects

"adjust" can mean a great many operations, what exact
mathematical operation do you want to perform on your
coefficients?

-- Maarten

PS. One alternative direction you may look into is to compute
the integral over the unobserved group-level variable by
simulation using a similar argument that underlies Maximum
Simulated Likelihood, see e.g. the special issue on MSL in the
Stata Journal: <http://www.stata-journal.com/sj6-2.html>. This
is by no means a complete suggestion, it is just an intuition
that one possible solution may be found in that direction.

--------------------------
Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen