Re: st: row wise summation in panel data for particular IDs

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: row wise summation in panel data for particular IDs
Date   Sun, 9 Jan 2011 22:14:58 +0000

<>

Take a look at the responses to the thread here:  http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-12/msg00887.html

If this is really what you want, you can also do this:
**********************!
clear
**setup**
inp id	year	var1
1	2001	40
1	2002	50
1	2003	60
2	2001	400
2	2002	500
2	2003	600
3	2001	4000
3	2002	5000
3	2003	6000
end
g var2 = int(abs(runiform()*10)) //create another var
**
preserve
collapse (sum) var1 var2 if id!=3, by(year)
g id = 4
sa using.dta, replace
restore
**
append using "using.dta"

*******
*******

**better yet use tabout to view sums for id 1 & 2:
**
cap which tabout
if _rc ssc install tabout  //install -tabout-
**
tabout year using "sum_table.xls", ///
replace sum c(sum var1 sum var2) f(0c) ///
ptotal(both) h2(Summary Table)

di as smcl `"Click to View: {browse "sum_table.xls"}"'

- Eric

__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute