Re: st: tempvar in debugging

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: tempvar in debugging
Date   Fri, 7 Jan 2011 08:58:39 +0000

First, a detail: it's better style to use a -tempname- when you want
to name a matrix.

All that's biting you here -- and it's an important "all" -- is that
temporary names are local macros and so are invisible outside the
program (or more generally place) in which they are defined. That's
what "local" means.

As you want your matrix to be visible outside -test-, you need to give
it a permanent name, or to save it at the end of your program.

In this case, I can't see any point to writing the program. On the
other hand, if it's just a minimal example concocted to make your
point, that's fine.

Nick