st: Re: text file line-end characters in mixed linux /os X / windows environments

From   Kevin Geraghty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: text file line-end characters in mixed linux /os X / windows environments
Date   Thu, 6 Jan 2011 12:42:16 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to all who replied to my initial inquiry. I just wanted to report that an easy way to deal with this issue turns out to be to install textpad as the default text editor on all windows machines. Unlike the preinstalled notepad and wordpad, textpad is smart enough to recognize and properly display unix line-end ASCII text and log files, and it is a "friendly" editor (as opposed to the ones where you need to remember e.g esc-Y-Return  and other such cryptic command sequences).