Antwort: Re: Antwort: RE: st: Direction of the effect of the cluster command on the standard error depends on the inclusion of a control variable

From   Justina Fischer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Antwort: Re: Antwort: RE: st: Direction of the effect of the cluster command on the standard error depends on the inclusion of a control variable
Date   Thu, 6 Jan 2011 17:06:04 +0100

Austin -
I recall some very old posting (prior to your empirical testing) where we spoke of 100 clusters needed  for the asymptotics to kick in.
Particularly when clustering at the country level requiring a large number of clusters could become a problem, so I am really interested in your future findings for non-linear models...
Best
Justina

[email protected] schrieb: -----

An: [email protected]
Von: Austin Nichols <[email protected]>
Gesendet von: [email protected]
Datum: 06.01.2011 02:43PM
Thema: Re: Antwort: RE: st: Direction of the effect of the cluster command on the standard error depends on the inclusion of a control variable

Eric-
Those should be the same file, but I guess one got corrupted--thanks
for the heads-up.
Justina-
Of course the CRSE has different properties in a nonlinear model, but
I suspect the same intuition applies with slightly larger minimum
numbers of clusters.  I have not run the relevant simulations, though.

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 7:51 AM, DE SOUZA Eric
<[email protected]> wrote:
> The one at this address opens without problem:
> repec.org/usug2007/crse.pdf

*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/