st: qcount convergence

From   "Grave, Barbara" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: qcount convergence
Date   Wed, 5 Jan 2011 17:12:15 +0100

Dear Statalist,

I am using qcount, a command that estimates quantile regression for discrete data (the command is based on quantile regression models for count data using the jittering method
suggested by Machando and Santos Silva (2005), Quantiles for Counts, Journal of the American Statistical Association 100, 1226-1237.
The idea is to add a random variable to the discrete outcome to smooth the distribution.
I have a problem with the replications. In some estimations for at least one replication no convergence can be reached. I know that for the bootstrap command there exists a subcommand that solve the problem by excluding replications that do not converge. Is there also a solution for the qcount command?

Thanks,
Barbara

Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung e.V. (RWI)
Hohenzollernstr. 1-3
D-45128 Essen

Phone: +49-201-8149-0
Fax: +49-201-8149-200
Web: www.rwi-essen.de

Executive Board/Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Christoph M. Schmidt, (Präsident),
Prof. Dr. Thomas K. Bauer (Vizepräsident), Prof. Dr. Wim Kösters
Registration-No./VR 1784 beim Amtsgericht Essen