Re: st: xtivreg- stepwise regression models

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtivreg- stepwise regression models
Date   Wed, 5 Jan 2011 11:17:10 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 5/1/11, Ari Dothan wrote:
> I would much appreciate guidance concerning the
> correct way to run xtivreg stepwise regressions.

To many on this list, the correct way of doing
stepwise regression is to not do it at all, see:
<http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/stepwise.html>

There are still some people who think that it has
a place in their toolbox. Basically, if that is your
position then it is indulged as long as it is useful,
but it is discarded as soon as you run into problems
like the ones you report.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis