Re: st: list duplicates but within subgroups

From   Nick Sanders <>
Subject   Re: st: list duplicates but within subgroups
Date   Fri, 31 Dec 2010 00:21:02 -0800

Hi Michael,

Perhaps I'm not understanding, but I believe the command is even easier than those you've suggested. Try:

"duplicates list school id"

That should list any duplicates of school AND id, which I think is what you want. If you have a bunch of data, I might suggest

"duplicates tag school id, gen(dupes)"

rather than list. Then "browse if dupes ~= 0" and you'll see all your duplicates.

Nicholas J. Sanders, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research
366 Galvez St, Room 228
Stanford, CA 94305