st: estat overid & sample weights

From   "C.J. Krizan" <>
Subject   st: estat overid & sample weights
Date   Thu, 30 Dec 2010 08:31:55 -0800 (PST)

Can anyone tell me why the OVERID option on IVREGRESS needs the FORCEWEIGHTS option when using data with sample weights.  Also, how do I determine if my results are valid afterwards?
There is a blurb in the documentation that the reported critical values may be inappropriate with weighted data and I'm trying to determine if I can trust it in my case.

Any references you can provide would be helpful.