st: Conditional expectations for each latent class with gllapred

From   Kristian Karlson <kristian.karlson@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Conditional expectations for each latent class with gllapred
Date   Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:06:58 +0100

Hi,

I have run the following -gllamm- model in Stata. It is a finite mixture binary logit model with two latent classes:

use http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/paperexamples/singer/hsb12.dta, clear
sample 25
gllamm union age grade year, i(idcode) ip(f) nip(2) l(logit) f(binom)

I am interested in the conditional expectation for latent class: Pr(Union = 1 | u_1) and Pr(Union = 1 | u_2), where u_1 is latent class 1 and u_2 is latent class 2.

I have looked at -gllapred-, but haven't been able to compute these. My idea was to use options mu and marg, but these probabilities are the mixed probabilities, not the ones from each component.

Best wishes,
Kristian