Re: st: diagnose stata memory usage

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: diagnose stata memory usage
Date   Mon, 27 Dec 2010 12:13:25 +0000

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Andrea Monti <> wrote:

> I do not understand why Stata is using so much memory. Is there a way
> to diagnose what stata is using memory for ?

That depends on what you're trying to do.  Describe your data (if its
small post a small subset) and post the commands you are trying to
run.  This will help people diagnose what the problem is.

"Our civilization would be pitifully immature without the intellectual
revolution led by Darwin" - Motoo Kimura, The Neutral Theory of
Molecular Evolution

Email -
Website -
Photos -