Re: st: one-sided F test for multiple coefficients

Subject   Re: st: one-sided F test for multiple coefficients
Date   Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:28:15 -0600

No, if you reject the null, it means that some of the coefficients are
negative. That's not what you want; to reject the null in favor of the
null that all coefficients are negative, the null must be that at
least one of the coefficients is non-negative, and that is the null
space that is very difficult to work with.

You need to read Andrews' papers on estimation on the boundary that
appeared in Econometrica in early 2000s. He did not invent all of the
wheel of course as these questions were first raised in 1950s-60s for
similar issues in ANOVA for agricultural experiments (is it true that
increasing the amount of fertilizer leads to a monotone increase in
yield?)