[no subject]

<http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/technicalreports/>

They are statistical consultants at UCLA, which gives them a very
broad overview of the kind of things researchers from different
disciplines want to do with/to their data and the kind of problems
they encounter(*). They also do teaching. This experience puts them
in a good position to compare packages, so that paper is well worth
reading if you are interested in comparing packages.

Talks on how Stata is used for teaching statistics pop up every now
and than at the Stata Users' Group meetings. So it could be worth
while to look at past talks at these meetings:
<http://www.stata.com/meeting/proceedings.html>

Hope this helps,
Maarten

(*) When I visited UCLA a couple of years ago, I also visited them
and observed how they do their consulting. I was very impressed.

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36