st: RE: t values using Scheffe

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: t values using Scheffe
Date   Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:13:25 +0000

Multiple comparisons are a branch of theology. The true way is unknown, but many people have tried to work out what it might be, and most of those are confident that they are very right and the other people very wrong.

Be that as it may:

As I understand it, and I'm open to correction:

1. No t statistics are saved after -oneway-.

2. The Scheff\'e adjustment doesn't work with a different definition of t. It just provides its own P-values as a correction for multiple comparisons.

3. Thus there is no definition of t-statistic here independent of what -ttest- would provide pairwise, and manifestly any call of -ttest- knows nothing of whatever other inferences you are making, simultaneously, sequentially or otherwise.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Claude Francoeur

I'm using the Scheffe option which I find very useful to compare
multiple group means :

oneway func lsi,tabulate scheffe

This command generates differences in means and p-values. Is there
anyway to get the t values also?