st: Modeling Paired Longitudinal - Covariance question

From   Jennifer A Hoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Modeling Paired Longitudinal - Covariance question
Date   Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:05:25 -0500

The dataset I am working with is panel data �ongitudinal with
measurements in 2007,2008 and 2009.
I ran the model

 xtset idnum year
xtgee outcome  $demog  $comobid_$covariates  Med_group $yearlist
$MedgroupYear, family(gamma)link(power -0.5) robust i(idnum )

Next ran the data through a propensity score matching  (one to one match)
on Med_Group.  A variable called pair  identifies which observations were
matched.  Each member of the duo is assigned the same value for the
variable pair.
I want to re-run the above model on the propensity matched subset of the
original data .  I realize the covariance structure needs adjusting for
the matched propensity pair.  I have correlations between the repeated
measures of an individual - (accounted for with the xtset statement). But
I also have a correlation between the patient in Med_Group A that was
propensity matched/paired to a patient in Med_Group B.   How do I adjust
the model to accommodate that?

Jennifer Hoff Lindquist
Statistician
Health Services Research and Development
Mailing Address:
VA Medical Center
508 Fulton Street (152)
Durham, NC 27705
(919) 286-0411 Ext. 4054 (New as of 5/18/09)

This communication and its attachments contain information from the Duke
University Medical Center and/or Durham, NC, VA Medical Center and is
intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above. It may
contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. Any
unauthorized use that may compromise that confidentiality via distribution
or disclosure is prohibited by federal law. Please notify the sender
immediately if you receive this communication in error and delete it from
your computer system or destroy this document.