Re: st: Formatting output into excel, svy: proportions questions.

From   Steven Samuels <sjsamuels@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Formatting output into excel, svy: proportions questions.
Date   Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:22:47 -0500

On Dec 16, 2010, at 5:52 PM, Michael Costello wrote:

1. I have a quantitative variable with a large proportion of zeros.
Short of creating a new variable, is there a way to run "svy: prop
variable" and add in some option that would produce only the zero
score proportion, and possible the non-zero proportion, rather than
all ~150 levels as proportions?

Answer: No

2. I'm running the code and receiving the output below, yet I'm
wondering if there is a way to get this output directly into excel,
without the Conf.Int. at all:

Try -estout- or -outreg2-, both at SSC (e.g. "ssc des estout" and "ssc install estout").

Steve

Steven J. Samuels
sjsamuels@gmail.com
18 Cantine's Island